Without even taking a look at my BlogPoll ballot from last week I filled out my ballot for week seven.
I felt like there was enough of a shakeup overall to warrant a reexamining of my ballot. Maybe fumbling my projected BCS caused me to want real change.
Here’s what came out the other end of my all-new looking BlogPoll ballot for week seven.
What I’m Thinking:
- Yeah, I kind of like change this weekend. Of course when Ohio State falls, it makes it easier for changes to come down the pipeline, but this week was extra ripe for the changing.
- So I replace the Buckeyes with the idle Oregon Ducks. Why? Well I’ve been most impressed with the Ducks this season. It’s that simple.
- Auburn takes a full game’s worth of viewing to really appreciate. Cam Newton is something to be seen and the Tigers can make a run at the SEC Championship this year.
- Non-AQ Boise State and TCU ladder up one each, followed by Oklahoma, whose win over Texas looks a whole lot nicer now, but has yet to truly inspire me.
- The obvious changes come next. Ohio State falls flat, Wisconsin moves ahead of the Buckeyes, but still behind Michigan State, who they of course lost to.
- Alabama loses a spot for losing to a pretty poor South Carolina team, which also lost last weekend.
- Iowa, Missouri and West Virginia impressed me enough to make an upward swing.
- Tons of new teams! The return of Texas, Virginia Tech and…
- USC Watch: The Trojans looks like Trojans of yore on Saturday in thumping California. Their only two losses have come on literal walk-off field goals. That’s painful, but not a reason to kill off their season already. Oregon is next, is another upset in store?
- Oklahoma State also joins the fray. I probably had them out of the poll for too long. Sorry about that Cowboys, but I couldn’t quite trust you. You’re making strides towards my trust now.
- The teams that left the rankings are probably pretty self-explanatory.
- Conference Breakdown: SEC (5), Big 12 (5), Big Ten (4), Pac-10 (4), MWC (2), WAC (2), ACC (2), Big East (1).
So what do you think? Missing anyone? Giving anyone too much/too little credit? Let me know!